Friday, 4 april 2025.
Eksumacija grobnice Kalinovik
Bosnian Families Hope Grave Discovery Will End Search for Bodies
Relatives of people who went missing in the Kalinovik are during the Bosnian war hope that the exhumation of a previously-unknown mass grave will finally reveal where their loved ones...
Serbia Mass Grave Exhumation Yields ‘At Least Nine’ Bodies
The remains of at least nine suspected Kosovo war victims have been found in a mass grave in an old open-cast mine in Kizevak in south-western Serbia, officials said as...
Montenegro Activists Commemorate Wartime Deportations
Montenegrin human rights activists laid wreaths in front of the police headquarters in the coastal town of Herceg Novi to commemorate the wartime deportation of Bosniak refugees to a Serb-run...
Bosnia Identifies Three More Srebrenica Victims from Mass Graves
Three more victims of the 1995 Srebrenica genocide whose remains were discovered in mass graves have been officially identified, including a boy who was 16 when he was killed.
Peace Activists Place Memorial Signs at Unmarked Bosnian War Sites
Peace activists from the Centre for Nonviolent Action put up temporary signs at eight unmarked locations in Bosnia and Herzegovina where people were detained, abused and killed during the 1992-95...
28 Years On, Families Still Searching for Missing Bosnian Soldiers
Empty graves are waiting for three young Bosnian Army soldiers who disappeared during an attack by Bosnian Croat forces in Mostar in May 1993, but despite their families’ efforts, their...
Serbia, Kosovo Must Make Missing Persons a Priority: Report
In the four years from 2016 to 2020, Serbia and Kosovo have identified just 50 of more than 1,600 missing persons from the Kosovo war, a new report says.
BIRN Fact-Check: Is the Bosnian Serb Report on the Sarajevo Siege Accurate?
A report funded by the government of Bosnia’s Serb-dominated Republika Srpska entity claims Serbs were subjected to ethnic cleansing in wartime Sarajevo, but its allegations differ from facts established by...
European MPs Urge Serbia, Kosovo to Intensify War Grave Search
European parliamentarians adopted reports calling on Serbia and Kosovo to do more to investigate suspected wartime grave sites and resolve hundreds of remaining missing persons cases from the 1998-99 Kosovo...
Activists Place Memorial Plaques at Bosnian ‘Sites of Suffering’
Peace activists have installed plaques at sites where people were killed or imprisoned during the 1992-95 Bosnian war in the Zenica, Doboj and Zepce areas.