Tuesday, 18 august 2026.
BIRN Bosnia and Herzegovina Expands in its Seventh Year
The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN) achieved outstanding results in Bosnia and Herzegovina in 2011, continuing to provide information and analysis to the media, victims, and the general public on...
State Court Hands Down More than 400 Years for War Crimes
Over the past year, Bosnia's State Court sentenced 33 people for war crimes committed in different parts of the country during the 1992-95 war, handing down a total of 436...
Local justice – Zenica: Indictment for Crimes in Tesanj
The Cantonal Court in Zenica confirmed an indictment against Atif Krkalic, who is charged of crimes against civilians in Tesanj.
Week Ahead: Ten Indictees before the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina
In the first week of 2012, ten indictees accused of war crimes in the municipalities of Konjic, Zvornik, Foca and Rogatica will appear before the War Crimes Section of the...
War Crimes Processing Strategy Faces ‘Bottleneck’
Although the deadlines laid out in the Strategy for the Processing of War Crimes Cases are fast approaching and international observers have expressed concern, the Supervisory Board for the implementation...
Better co-operation of Court and Prosecution requested
At the meeting of the Supervisory Body for monitoring the implementation of the State Strategy for the work on war crime cases, it was concluded that the Court and Prosecution...
Karadzic: Request to eject statements from 12 witnesses
Radovan Karadzic requested The Hague Tribunal Trial Chamber to erase from the register all evidence related to 12 protected witnesses for the Prosecution, because, as he explained, the Prosecution failed...
Vlahovic: Jewelry taken and threats
In the continued trial for crimes at Grbavica, two witnesses for the Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina said that the defendant Veselin “Batko” Vlahovic took money from them, abused them...
Local Justice – Ostojic: Earlier statements confirmed
At the trial of Zarije Ostojic, charged with crimes in the Susica detention camp near Vlasenica, witnesses for the Defence said that they fully stick to the statement they previously...
Request for the extension of custody to Predrag Prosic
The State Prosecution requested from the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina to extend the custody of Predrag Prosic, suspected of crimes in the territory of Sanski Most, which the Defence...
Custody for Rasema Handanovic requested
The Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina requested from the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina to remand in custody Rasema Handanovic, also known as Zolja , suspected of crimes in Trusina...
Rasema Handanovic remanded in custody
The State Court, on proposal from the Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina, remanded Rasema Handanovic, also known as Zolja , a suspect of war crimes in Trusina in 1993, in...