Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Last year the Supreme Court of Republika Srpska repealed a verdict handed down by the district court of Eastern Sarajevo on February 2, 2015, and ordered a retrial. According to that verdict, Majstorovic was acquitted of charges of crimes committed in the Kula Penal and Correctional Facility.

At today’s hearings, both the prosecution and the defense said they stuck to their previous claims. The defense included an identification report by witness Salko Zolj in the case file as evidence, which the prosecution considered unlawful. The defense is obliged to submit the original document to the court.

With the consent of all parties, the trial chamber said it accepted all the testimony previously given by prosecution and defense witnesses, as well as material evidence.

The indictment alleges that Majstorovic, a former investigator, treated a Bosniak civilian in an inhumane manner and intentionally caused the civilian bodily pain and anguish at the Kula Penal and Correctional Facility. During the war he was an operational officer with the Crime Service of the Public Safety Station in Novo Sarajevo.

The presentation of closing statements by the prosecution and defense is scheduled for February 24.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes