Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Ranko Rakic, Zeljko Rakic and Marko Stankovic, former members of the Bosnian Serb Army, have been charged with the murder of civilian Zuhra Husanovic in Kucice near Zavidovici in late August or early September 1992.

“It’s very hard for me, because in the statement from the investigation, the son of the injured party said that I cursed his Balijska mother, that more than any other accusations. Not only I, but my son and my son-in-law would never have said such a thing. The indictment was a complete lie, one hundred per cent,” Rakic said.

Rakic ​​said that he worked as a registrar and that because of his work he was registered as a member of the Bosnian Serb Army, but never wore a uniform or carried weapons.

Rakic said he found out about Zuhra Husanovic’s death in late October 1992, when Rasim Husanovic came to his office to report his father’s death.

“Rasim was crying and told me that his wife had died. He didn’t have any of his wife’s personal documents so I asked him for a medical certificate of death, and he said he didn’t know that was necessary. I told him to come back again with two witnesses who assisted him during the burial, but he never did so,” Rakic said.

He said he asked Husanovic how his wife was killed. He said Husanovic told him he didn’t see the murder because he was inside the house and that a neighbour told him that his wife had been shot.

“We all knew Rasim Husanovic. He was poor. He often came to me for humanitarian aid. When that mass exodus started, he asked to remain with his children and to return to his place. When that was approved, I personally placed him in a weekend house in Kamenica,” Rakic said.

Rakic’s cross-examination has been postponed until October 26. The prosecutor requested time to prepare himself.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes