Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Nine Bosnian Serb Ex-Fighters Face Trial for Mass Killing
The Bosnian court confirmed an indictment charging nine former soldiers and policemen with committing a crime against humanity in the village of Zijemlje near Mostar, where around 100 Bosniaks, including...
Bosnian Serb Ex-Officer Faces Trial for Persecuting Bosniaks
The Bosnian state court confirmed an indictment charging wartime unit commander Miodrag Nikacevic with committing a crime against humanity for his involvement in persecuting Bosniaks in Foca in 1992.
Montenegro Indicts Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldier for Murder, Rape
Former Bosnian Serb Army soldier Slobodan Curcic is accused of shooting two Bosniaks dead and raping a woman in the Foca area during the Bosnian war in 1992.
Bosnia Prosecution Maintains Trend of Accusing Previously Convicted Persons
State Prosecution filed 15 war crime indictments against 39 persons this year, less than in 2020, including four persons who were previously convicted by the Hague Tribunal and State Court.
Bosnian Army Ex-Military Policeman Convicted of Wartime Rape
Former military policeman Adem Kostjerevac was sentenced to seven years in prison for raping a pregnant woman in the Zvornik area during the Bosnian war in 1992.
Bosnia War Crime Victims ‘Further Victimised’ by Courts Recovering Costs
NGO TRIAL International says some war crime victims who had their cases rejected have ended up in extreme poverty because of having to pay the costs of the proceeding to...
Survivors’ Stories Describe Terror and Trauma of Wartime Rape
Psychoanalyst Wiola Rebecka says her new book about sexual assault during wartime highlights how rape survivors in Kosovo felt afraid to tell anyone about what happened to them, prolonging the...
Bosnian Court Orders Wartime Rape Case Retrial
A court ruled that former Bosnian Army military policeman Adem Kostjerevac, who was accused of raping a Serb woman in Zvornik during the war in 1992, must be retried.
Bosnian Wartime Sexual Violence Survivors ‘Feel Betrayed by System’
Most survivors of wartime sexual violence in Bosnia and Herzegovina see the obstacles they face if they try to get compensation as an additional punishment, according to the findings of...
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldier Pleads Not Guilty to Wartime Rape
Former Bosnian Serb Army soldier Radovan Veljovic pleaded not guilty to committing rape and sexual abuse in the Foca area of south-east Bosnia during the war in 1992.