Tuesday, 17 february 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

“In July 1995, the Sixth Battalion had the task of holding the front lines, and providing people for operations against the Srebrenica column, as well as taking over and securing the prisoner transport,” said MacQueen.

He added he did not know who brought prisoners to the village of Petkovci.

Based on statements from two witnesses in the course of the investigation, MacQueen concluded that members of this battalion knew about the fate of prisoners even before the execution.

“There were no conditions for the exchange, there was no registry of prisoners, they were not treated as prisoners of war,” said the expert, adding that prisoners would have probably been sent to the Batkovic camp if their exchange had been planned.

He said that the commander of the Sixth Battalion was defendant Ostoja Stanisic, and his deputy Marko Milosevic.

Stanisic and Milosevic are on trial for murder of around 1,000 prisoners from Srebrenica in mid-July 1995 at the dam near Petkovci village in Zvornik municipality.

According to the indictment, Stanisic was the commander of the Sixth Battalion of the Zvornik Brigade of the Army of Republika Srpska, based in Petkovci, and Milosevic was his deputy.

Asked by the Defence of Stanisic, MacQueen said he did not have a doctorate in history, nor was he an army professional, but he was a “rational being” who made a report based on documents.

He said he has already testified 23 times in the US and once before the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

MacQueen told the Defence that he concluded that the Sixth Battalion took over the prisoners in Petkovic based on zone of their responsibility.

The trial will resume on April 2.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Sudinica u sudu u Kišinjevu u Moldaviji izriče presudu učesnicima kampova u Moldaviji. Foto: Detektor
Moldova Convicts Three of Attending Subversion Camps in Bosnia, Serbia
A court in Chinsinau convicted three Moldovan citizens of participating in Russian-led training camps in Bosnia and Serbia in 2024 in order to incite unrest and disrupt elections at home.
Bosnian History Teachers Visit Former Camps in Brcko and Learn How to Teach About War
To help school teachers learn more about how to teach students about the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, a group of teachers from several towns and cities visited detention camps in a former elementary school in Brcko.
BIRN BiH Joins in Presenting Database of Facts About War and Handbook for Teachers
BIRN BiH Presents Database and Film on Wartime Missing Children
BIRN BiH Director Wins ‘Goran Bubalo’ Peace Award