Wednesday, 19 august 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Prosecutor Ozrenka Neskovic said that all indictees’ actions mentioned in the revised indictment had been proved. As she said, those actions were committed within the frame of a widespread and systematic attack against the non-Serb population in Bratunac.

“In April 1992 Bosniak police officers handed their weapons over, while, at the same time, the Crisis Committee established the Territorial Defence, TO, in Bratunac,” Neskovic said, adding that civilians were promised that they would be safe if they signed a paper, expressing loyalty to Serb authorities.

She said that the Defence tried to deny the Prosecution’s thesis about the existence of the TO, but Defence witnesses themselves said that they were mobilised by the TO.

Neskovic said that the Prosecution had proved, by presenting documents from military register and statements by numerous witnesses, that indictee Najdan Mladjenovic was Deputy Commander of the Reconnaissance Squad of TO in Bratunac and indictee Savo Zivkovic member of TO in Repovac.

The Prosecutor said that Mladjenovic and Zivkovic participated in an attack on Hranca village in May 1992, when nine local residents were taken towards Bratunac. Those people have been missing since. Neskovic said that, at the same time members of the TO and paramilitary formations set Bosniak houses in that village on fire.

The Prosecution charges Mladjenovic and Zivkovic with having committed persecution by participating in deportation of local residents from Hranca and Glogova villages to the territories controlled by the Army of BiH.
“About fifty civilians were killed in the attack on Glogova village,” Neskovic said, adding that witnesses identified indictee Zivkovic, saying that he set houses on fire using an unknown object.

The Prosecutor said that, according to witnesses’ testimonies, indictee Mladjenovic issued orders to other soldiers via walkie-talkie.

“Witness Secan Salkic said that, looking from his attic, he saw Mladjenovic pointing to houses, which he wanted his soldiers to set on fire,” Neskovic said.

The Defence teams are due to present their closing statements on February 11. 

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Srebrenica Anniversary Exhibitions Return to New York
Two exhibitions on the 1995 genocide first presented in 2025 will reopen together this July at UN headquarters.
Exhibition Offers Insight into Everyday Life Inside Besieged Srebrenica
Marking the annual genocide commemoration, the Srebrenica Memorial Centre opened an exhibition entitled ‘Facing Srebrenica: Views from the Besieged City’, featuring photographs that show how people lived inside the besieged enclave during wartime.
BIRN BiH and Faculty of Criminalistics Sign Cooperation Agreement