Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Alispago, who is on trial, in a separate case, for crimes in Trusina village, Konjic municipality, in 1993, will appear as a joint witness of the Defence of the two indictees on September 25 this year.

The Prosecution of BiH charges Hodzic and Salcin, former members of the “Zulfikar” Squad with the Army of BiH, with having tortured, neaten and sexually abused detainees, cut parts of their bodies, intimidated them and participated in other inhumane acts.

The Trial Camber rejected a proposal by Nedzla Sehic, Defence attorney of indictee Hodzic, to reexamine the indictee’s health condition, pointing out that such examination had already been conducted several times.

Sehic said that is condition and the issue of sanity had not been fully determined.

“This is important for me, because I want him to testify in his Defence. He must be oriented in time and space. Knowing the situation, I am completely sure that he cannot do it,” Sehic said, adding that the indictee had spent some time in a detention camp.

She said that the Defence intended to examine four or five witnesses, two of whom are joint witnesses of Hodzic’s Defence and the Defence of the second indictee, and conduct an expert examination of the status of the prison on Mount Igman.

Salcin’s Defence announced six witnesses, indictee’s testimony in his defence and an expert examination by a psychiatrist.

“We propose neuro-psychiatrist Abdulah Kucukalic, who will testify about the level of sanity of a person, who committed some actions while being drunk,” said Kerim Celik, Defence attorney of indictee Salcin.

The trial is due to continue on September 25, when Alispago will testify.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses
The Bosnian state prosecution charged seven former Croatian Defence Council military policemen and civilian police officers with unlawfully detaining and assaulting dozens of Bosniaks in the Zepce area in 1993 and 1994.
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children