Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

As said by Trial Chamber Chairwoman Mira Smajlovic, the Witness Support Section informed the Court that protected witness S-2 was in hospital.

“The Court will request the hospital to submit evidence about the witness’ health condition and then decide whether conditions for apprehending her to the next hearing or not have been met,” Smajlovic said.

Responding to her question on whether he had evidence about the recent attack on witness S-2’s husband and whether the attack had anything to do with this case, Prosecutor Seid Marusic said that he had had findings about a certain pressure being put on then, but it could not be linked to this case.

A letter from the Police Administration in Gorazde related to the attack on the witness’ husband was handed over to the Court. Also, the Prosecutor said that all pieces of evidence about that had been handed over to the Chief State Prosecutor and that an investigation had been opened.

Defence attorney Borislav Jamina said that he had got information that the attack on the witness’ husband could not be associated with his client.

“They want to show that my client is putting pressure on them, but that is not true,” Jamina said.  

Sekaric, former member of the Territorial Defence and “Osvetnik” (“Avenger”) paramilitary formation, is charged with having participated in an attack on Lozje village, Gorazde municipality, as well as murders, rape and physical abuse of non-Serb civilians in Visegrad.

The trial is due to continue on September 8.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses
The Bosnian state prosecution charged seven former Croatian Defence Council military policemen and civilian police officers with unlawfully detaining and assaulting dozens of Bosniaks in the Zepce area in 1993 and 1994.
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children