Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Trial chamber chair Jasmina Kosovic said time was lost due to the prosecutor’s omission in failing to provide the statement to the defense earlier. She said they had sent several letters urging the prosecution to find the statement requested by the defense.

“After we addressed the chief prosecutor, you found the statement. We lost time, as you could have done what we asked you to do immediately,” Kosovic said.

Prosecutor Milorad Barasin said he had no objection to the examination of the witness whose statement was requested by the defense. Barasin said he asked for the statement from the competent prosecutor and the statement had been located the day before.

“I’m asking the court to not put pressure on the prosecutor. This isn’t the right thing to do. It puts pressure on the prosecutor to develop the defendant’s defense…I still stick to my stand that I gave all the documents at my disposal to the defense,” Barasin said.

After having reviewed the statement, Pero Radisic’s defense attorney said she wanted the witness to be invited to testify in court. She said his statement contained contradictory allegations.

Radisic, the former commander of a work squad with the Teslicka Brigade of the Bosnian Serb Army, has been charged with participating in the physical and mental abuse of Bosniak civilians from 1992 to 1995.

He has been charged with taking several persons to locations where they performed forced labour. At least six individuals got killed and others were wounded while performing labour on the frontline.

The trial will continue on March 18.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Local Wartime Security Chief Acquitted of Rape Charges in Bosnia
Bosnia's state court ruled that Andrija Bjelosevic was not guilty of the multiple rape of a Bosniak woman in Derventa during the 1990s war, questioning the reliability of her testimony.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldier Convicted of Forced Disappearances
The Bosnian state court convicted wartime Bosnian Serb Army soldier Zoran Ilic of the forced disappearances of 16 Bosniak civilians who were seized by troops near Rogatica in June 1992.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldiers Plead Not Guilty to Aiding Genocide
Seven Bosnian Army Ex-Troops Convicted of Wartime Prisoner Abuse
Bosnia Convicts Serb Ex-Fighter of Raping Woman Prisoner