Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The district prosecution of Eastern Sarajevo has charged Milosevic with killing a civilian who had been brought, along with others, to the Babin Kuk site on Mount Treskavica in the municipality of Trnovo to perform forced labour on February 8, 1995.

Maja Slijepcevic, the defendant’s common law wife, testified at today’s hearing before the district court of Eastern Sarajevo. She said Milosevic arrived to Sirig in Serbia in late 1992 or early 1993, and stayed in her parents’ residence.

She said they met each other there and fell in love shortly afterwards. She said they started living together after she returned to her parents’ home in 1994, due to her father’s poor health.

“Igor and I took care of the land, the household and my dad, who was sick,” Slijepcevic said. She said her parents lived on agricultural property, and that the defendant “had to be and was present all the time.”

Slijepcevic said Milosevic went to Trnovo twice to visit his mother in the summer of 1993 and 1994.

Slijepcevic said they were still in a common law marriage and lived in the vicinity of the family home.

The prosecution asked Slijepcevic if she knew the defendant was a member of the Bosnian Serb Army. She responded, “it’s logical if he was there.”

Tomo Milosevic was the second witness to testify at today’s hearing. Milosevic said he had known the defendant since his birth, and confirmed his arrival to Sirig in 1992.

“He had lived in Trnovo until his arrival in Sirig in 1992. He went to my cousin Milenko Slijepcevic’s . He is the father of Igor’s wife,” Milosevic said.

Milosevic said he visited Sirig regularly, because he had a permit to take a leave of absence from his civil duties. He said he visited Milenko Slijepcevic after he fell ill. Milosevic said the defendant helped Slijepcevic cultivate his land and that he lived with his family.

During cross-examination, Milosevic said he heard that the defendant had come and left Sirig several times.

The trial will continue on March 3. At the next hearing, the prosecution and defense will present their closing statements and the defense will include its last piece of material evidence in the case file.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes