Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Tomas, a former member of the Bosnian Serb Army, has been charged with the physical abuse and inhumane treatment of Bosniak civilians in the village of Breza in the municipality of Hadzici on November 29, 1992.

Defense witness Zeljko Sakota said he was a member of the Bosnian Serb Army with the defendant’s brother, Slobodan Tomas, from November 27 to December 5, 1992.

Sakota said he remembered that Momir Tomas was wounded in late November 1992. He said he accompanied Slobodan Tomas on a visit to the hospital of Blazuj in the municipality of Ilidza.

The defense asked Sakota whether Slobodan Tomas drove a car. Sakota said he used to drive a Zastava 750, known as a “Fico.”

“His car was dirty. I asked him why his car was dirty and he said he got stuck somewhere and some people helped him,” Sakota said.

He said Slobodan Tomas never lent his car to anyone, adding that he didn’t know anything about events unfolding in the village of Breza in the municipality of Hadzici.

Defense witness Zoran Kapetina confirmed that he was also a former member of the Bosnian Serb Army, and served in the same unit as Slobodan Tomas.

“Slobodan wore camouflage overalls. He had two belts and a pistol. He didn’t have a knife. He didn’t wear any head covers. He had a white Fico,” Kapetina said. He said he heard that Slobodan Tomas’ brother had been wounded on November 29, 1992.

When asked how he remembered the date of his wounding, Kapetina said the defendant told him.

The trial will continue on February 24, when the defendant will testify in his defense.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes