Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Trial chamber chair Enes Malicbegovic said the Supreme Court of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina repealed a verdict which sentenced Dedic to six years in prison and ordered a retrial.

In the beginning of October 2014, the cantonal court of Zenica found Dedic, a former police officer in Breza, guilty of having participated in the search of houses and the arrest of Serb civilians in Duzice on June 10, 1992. Dedic allegedly beat the civilians at a police station with other police officers. Two of the civilians died, while three received severe injuries.

The Supreme Court repealed the verdict last month. It returned the case to the cantonal court of Zenica due to “obscurities in Mico Subotic’s testimony.”

Malicbegovic said Subotic would be invited to testify again on December 10.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes