Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Kusuran has been charged with the murder of Ostoja Baltic, who he allegedly set on fire in a car on August 29, 1992. Kusuran was allegedly accompanied by several other persons, including Semir Alukic, who was found guilty of war crimes under a second instance verdict.

According to the indictment, on August 29, 1992, Kusuran and several other persons also went to the hamlet of Podgradje in the vicinity of Kozarac and killed Bozo Indjic by setting him on fire inside his house. Afterwards they set Sojanka Dekic’s house on fire. She managed to escape through a window with her daughter Snjezana.

Ljuban Lukic, a former police officer from Kozarac, testified at today’s hearing. Lukic told the district court of Banja Luka that Baltic was in his office on the day of his murder and that gunfire was heard twenty minutes after his departure.

“I didn’t suspect that anything bad had happened, because there was a lot of shooting in those days anyway. When I came to work on the following day, I saw Gojko Baltic, Osta’s father, who said his son hadn’t come back home. A policeman then came and said he had seen a burnt car on the road,” Lukic said.

According to Lukic, he and two other police officers went to the road and found the burnt car.

“We saw Ostoja’s body in it. The body was totally burnt. Later on, I heard that Gojko had spoken to Hamdija Beslagic, who admitted to having done that,” Lukic said.

Prosecutor Igor Cimesa read statements given by two witnesses. Mirsad Ahmetcehajic, who was unable to appear in court due to his poor health, said he fled to the woods with his family when the shelling of Kozarac began.

“I was with three other men. During our stay in the woods, we used to meet other groups of people as well. While I was there, I heard that Bozo Indjic had been killed, but knowing he was a good man, I don’t know why somebody would want to kill him,” Ahmetcehajic said.

The trial will continue on November 6.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes