Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The Cantonal prosecution in Kiseljak has withdrawn the charges against two former Bosnian Croat fighters – Bosiljko and Ljubomir Dilber – for war crimes in Kiseljak, right before the closing arguments.

Prosecutor Sanja Hodzic has amended the indictment after three months of trial and said she was withdrawing all charges against Bosiljko and Ljubomir Dilber.

“All evidence shows that the facts were different then the charges, so I decided to stop criminal proceedings”, said Hodzic.

The trial of Bosiljko and Ljubomir Dilber who are being tried with Miroslav Skoro and Dalibor Milos for abusing prisoners of war in 1992 in Kiseljak, started in October last year.

Considering the prosecution and Defence finished presenting evidence, the judges called for closing arguments to be presented.

Prosecutor Hodzic said she proved that Skoro and Milos took part in crimes and asked for both men to be found guilty.

Meanwhile, Skoro and Milos’s lawyer Branka Praljak asked for both men to be acquitted.

“We wanted to present some other photographs to show that Skoro didn’t have long hair, but because the Chamber asked us not to, we decided to withdraw this request. We want a not guilty verdict”, said Praljak.

Bosiljko and Ljubomir Dilber’s lawyers didn’t present closing arguments, since the charges against them were dropped.

The verdict against Skoro and Milos will be presented on January 21.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes