Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Witness Djevad Kumalic said that Predrag and Nenad Bajic, and Sinisa Babic came to his house in the vicinity of Kljuc during the night on July 27, 1992.

“They broke into my house, asking for money. They threatened me, cursed me and shot… They were accompanied by other soldiers, but I did not see them. A few of my neighbours and cousins were killed that night,” Kumalic said.

Predrag and Nenad Bajic, Sinisa Babic, Mladenko Vrtunic and Slobodan Dragic, former members of the Republika Srpska Army, VRS, are charged with having participated in murders, rape and inhumane treatment of people in Humici, Vojici and Pudin Han villages, Kljuc municipality, in 1992 and 1993.

At this hearing the Bihac Cantonal Prosecution examined Kemal Islamagic and Behija Kumalic. Both of them said that VRS members came to their houses and asked for money.

Islamagic said that brothers Predrag and Nenad Bajic broke into his house, while Sinisa Babic stayed outside.

Prior to the examination of the witnesses the Cantonal Prosecution presented its introductory statement, saying that it would invite 50 witnesses and six expert witnesses, who would present their findings and opinion, during the presentation of evidence.

It was said that indictee Milan Lukic would undergo a separate trial due to his bad health and that one of the indictees, Zeljko Budimir, was unavailable at present.

Indictees Predrag and Nenad Bajic, Babic, Vrtunic and Dragic have been held in custody since February last year.

The trial is due to continue on January 28.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes