Saturday, 30 august 2025.
Dutch Peacekeeper Recalls ‘Terrified’ Srebrenica Captives
The Bosnian prosecution on Tuesday read out a statement to the Hague Tribunal by Laan Van Duin, a former member of the Dutch UN peacekeeping battalion, at the genocide trial...
Krsmanovic Dissatisfied with Witness’ Statement
Krsmanovic said that the witness, who was assigned the pseudonym OZ-1, previously said that he watched the murders from his window. The witness responded by saying that the indictee’s allegation...
Indictees Deliberate Participants in Attack against Civilians
Prosecutor Dzevad Muratbegovic said that a widespread and systematic attack was conducted against the civilian population in Visegrad. He said that crimes were committed within that attack and that the...
Military Observers as Prisoners of War
Milorad Sehovac, former Commander of the Second Sarajevo Brigade of VRS, said that, as per an order from the Command, he took military observers of the United Nations, UN, prisoners...
Documents about Credibility of Protected Witnesses
Also, the Defence presented in the courtroom some documents issued by the Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina, BiH, pertaining to combat activities in the Konjic area in April 1993. Bojadzic...
Unperformed Orders
Dragomir Vasic said that he was chief of the Center for Public Safety(CJB) in Zvornik in July 1995, when he learned that Srebrenica was overrun. He added that Interior Ministry...
Civilians Should not Be Present in Combat Zones
Colonel Sehovac said, testifying in defence of Mladic, that no exclusive civilian zones existed in Hrasnica and Dobrinja neighbourhoods, Sarajevo, during the war, because positions held by Muslim forces, from...
Verdict against Alukic and Hirkic on July 17
Defence attorney Adil Draganovic said, in his closing statement, that the Prosecution had not proven that Alukic and Hirkic participated in the murder of Ostoja Baltic on August 29, 1992.Also,...
Srebrenica Survivors Wants Dutch Soldiers Charged
Srebrenica survivor Hasan Nuhanovic and the family of victim Rizo Mustafic have filed a request before the Military chamber of the Appeals court in Arnheim, in the Netherlands, demanding that...
Srebrenica Marks Genocide Anniversary with Mass Burial
More than 15,000 people, including survivors of the mass killings gathered at the Potocari memorial centre on Friday to pay tribute to the victims of the worst atrocity in Europe...
451
452
453