Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Reading the indictment, Prosecutor Vesna Ilic said that on April 22, 1992, eight Yugoslav National Army reservists who had been placed under the command of the Bosnian Serb Army were captured after their transporter got a flat tyre in the Dobrinja neighbourhood in Sarajevo.

The captive troops were then taken to the police station in Dobrinja, where they were mistreated, the prosecution alleges.

They were then transferred to the police’s Public Security Station in Novi Grad, where they were mistreated again.

For their own safety, they were moved to police headquarters, where the interior ministry’s special police unit under Vikic’s command was based.

The indictment alleges that, with Vikic’s knowledge, the captives were then escorted to Sarajevo’s Great Park, after having been mistreated yet again.

In the park, the eight captives were shot dead by defendants Uzunovic and Covcic, accompanied by others, the indictment says.

The prosecution further alleges that on Vikic’s orders, of which defendant Pusina was aware, the bodies were transported to the Dariva area of Sarajevo and dumped in the river Miljacka.

The prosecutor said that the following day, the bodies were doused with petrol and set on fire.

She said that, as a superior officer, Vikic failed to undertake the necessary measures to prevent the crime and report or punish the perpetrators, while Pusina agreed to remove the bodies and failed to do all he could to have the perpetrators punished.

Ilic said that she would prove that “the defendants knew all about the actions and that the third and fourth defendants were direct perpetrators”.

The partial remains of only two of the dead captives have been found so far.

All the defendants pleaded not guilty last month.

Vikic insisted in December that they were innocent.

“My hands and those of people whom I commanded are clean,” he said.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Local Wartime Security Chief Acquitted of Rape Charges in Bosnia
Bosnia's state court ruled that Andrija Bjelosevic was not guilty of the multiple rape of a Bosniak woman in Derventa during the 1990s war, questioning the reliability of her testimony.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldier Convicted of Forced Disappearances
The Bosnian state court convicted wartime Bosnian Serb Army soldier Zoran Ilic of the forced disappearances of 16 Bosniak civilians who were seized by troops near Rogatica in June 1992.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldiers Plead Not Guilty to Aiding Genocide
Seven Bosnian Army Ex-Troops Convicted of Wartime Prisoner Abuse
Bosnia Convicts Serb Ex-Fighter of Raping Woman Prisoner