Wednesday, 20 may 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The state prosecution has charged Goran Mrdja, Milorad Mrdja, Ranko Mrdja and Mile Kokot, all former members of the Sixth Sanska Infantry Brigade of the Bosnian Serb Army, with participating in crimes against Bosniaks in the Sanski Most area from 1992 to 1994. The alleged crimes include acts of murder, rape, assault, theft, as well as other kinds of mental and physical abuse.

Trial chamber chair Mediha Pasic said Goran Mrdja’s defense had been allowed to talk to two state prosecution witnesses. She said that according to the court’s Support Section, the conversation was conducted in a professional manner.

However, state prosecutor Olivera Djuric said minutes should have been prepared and that the prosecution should have been given time to prepare.

“We don’t know what the conversations were about at all,” Djuric said.

She said she had no other choice but to give up on the examination of those witnesses.

Goran Mrdja’s defense proposed that the witnesses be examined as defense witnesses at this hearing. The state prosecution objected to this proposal.

The reading of a witness statement was also discussed at today’s hearing. Goran Mrdja’s defense objected to this proposal, and called upon the court to order an expert examination of the witness’s health.

The defense suggested the witness had mental problems. According to state prosecutor Olivera Duric, the witness “gave her statement in a pleasant manner” during the course of her examination.

The chamber will respond to this proposal at a later stage.

The trial will continue on December 14.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins International Fetisov Journalism Award
Detektor journalist Emina Dizdarevic Tahmiscija has received a 2025 international Fetisov Journalism Award for a series of articles on transitional justice in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Detektor Journalists and Moldovan Colleagues Nominated for Journalism Award for Investigating Russian Camps
Detektor journalists Irvin Pekmez, Enes Hodzic, and Nino Bilajac, alongside co-authors from Moldovan outlet CU SENS, have been nominated for a journalism award in Romania in the categories of investigative journalism and TV and video journalism.