Saturday, 29 november 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

“On May 27 Serb forces occupied our street. All of our people had been disarmed before that. They were told to hand over their rifles and revolvers, so I can guarantee that nobody responded to fire from our street. They targeted civilians. Predrag Prosic was among members of the Serb forces – the Sixth Krajina or Sixth Sana Brigade,” Dzevad Kazic said.

He mentioned that Prosic searched him and another man in the street and that he then told them to go towards Dasici village.

“Capi and I went out first. Predrag Prosic came by. He had a rifle and military uniform. He leaned against Capi and asked him about his revolver. He searched him. He then searched me. He said we would go towards Dasici. While we were on our way, we had to go through the fire. Houses were on fire. People were losing their property. Men were crying like babies,” Kazic said.

He said that his neighbours told him that “fluorescent bullets” were fired from Predrag Prosic’s house.

The Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina charges Prosic, former member of the Sixth Sana Brigade of the Republika Srpska Army, VRS, with having participated in a widespread and systematic attack on villages in the Sanski Most area. He is charged with having committed persecution, murder, setting houses on fire and the detention of non-Serb civilians in detention facilities in Sanski Most.

Second witness Elvir Mujagic said that, one day after the shelling of Mahala on May 26 the local population was ordered to go to “the training ground”.

“All of the local residents of Mahala, Muhici and Otoka came to the training ground. We were then detained in a sports hall in Sanski Most. I cried. Children cried. I did not know where my father and mother were for four days,” Mujagic said.

He said that, while he was detained in the sports hall with between 300 and 400 other people, he saw the indictee, who smiled at him and went on.

“The mentioned person, Prosic, known as Pedo, entered the room one day. He was uniformed. He had an automatic rifle, a golden chain and golden rings. He smiled and nodded,” Mujagic said, pointing to the indictee in the courtroom.

As he said, the indictee smiled at Safet Topalovic, known as Capi, who cursed him and asked him if he had killed “Lola”.

The trial is due to continue on October 26.
A.S.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
BIRN BiH Joins in Presenting Database of Facts About War and Handbook for Teachers
The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network of Bosnia and Herzegovina, BIRN BiH, the “Forgotten Children of War” Association, and the Srebrenica Memorial Centre presented a Database of Judicially Established Facts about the War and a handbook, How to Learn ad Teach about the War in Bosnia and Herzegovina, a tool for educating young people, combatting denial and relativization of verdicts, and building peace and mutual understanding.
BIRN BiH Presents Database and Film on Wartime Missing Children
The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network of Bosnia and Herzegovina, BIRN BiH, presented a database of children still being searched for after the 1992-5 war, as well as a documentary, The Unlived Lives, telling a story of three families whose newborn babies disappeared without a trace.