Monday, 18 may 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The defendants, all former members of the Bosnian Serb Army, have been charged with participating in the persecution of non Serb civilians from the Kozarac area and surrounding villages in the municipality of Prijedor from May 24 to mid-August 1992. The indictment alleges that the defendants participated in acts of murder and enforced disappearances.

Vlado Krckovski said he visited his sister’s home in the village of Jaruge in Prijedor at the beginning of June 1992, when he saw Mitar and Rade Vlasenko in uniform. Krckovski’s sister was Rade Vlasenko’s wife.

“I saw Mitar Vlasenko in uniform. He was probably armed. Rade came a few hours later. He came by on a tractor from the direction of Donje Jaruge,” Krckovski said.

The prosecution asked Krckovski why soldiers were next to Vlasenko’s house. Krckovski said Bosniak intrusions in the village had recently taken place, and the soldiers were there to prevent further attacks.

According to Krckovski, there was no shooting in the village, because an offensive operation had been concluded and there were no local Bosniak residents left.

He said he used to see Mitar and Rade Vlasenko going towards Prijedor, armed with rifles, during the war.

Responding to a question by the prosecution, Krckovski said his brother was killed during the war. He said he found the corpses of civilians and uniformed people around his house, but wasn’t able to recognize them.

Krckovski said he also used to see Drago Koncar in Jaruge, who he described as uniformed and “probably armed.”

Mitar Vlasenko’s defense attorney asked Krckovski whether his client issued any orders during the war. Krckovski said Mitar Vlasenko didn’t have the authority to issue orders.

“I haven’t heard any negative comments about Mitar,” Krckovski said.

Krckovski said he used to see Rade Koncar from July 1992 until he departed to a battlefield in Gradacac.

The next hearing will be held on June 30.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins International Fetisov Journalism Award
Detektor journalist Emina Dizdarevic Tahmiscija has received a 2025 international Fetisov Journalism Award for a series of articles on transitional justice in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Detektor Journalists and Moldovan Colleagues Nominated for Journalism Award for Investigating Russian Camps
Detektor journalists Irvin Pekmez, Enes Hodzic, and Nino Bilajac, alongside co-authors from Moldovan outlet CU SENS, have been nominated for a journalism award in Romania in the categories of investigative journalism and TV and video journalism.