Thursday, 21 may 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian


Mirko Klarin. Foto: N1

Croatian-born Mirko Klarin, who founded SENSE news agency in 1998 with the aim of comprehensively covering the trials at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, died on Thursday.

SENSE Agency was one of the few media outlets that regularly covered all the war crimes proceedings in The Hague.

The Association of Genocide Victims and Witnesses in Bosnia and Herzegovina, said Klarin will be remembered as a journalist with an unparalleled sense of justice.

“Mirko will remain in our memory as a fighter for truth and justice,” the association said in a statement.

The head of the association, Murat Tahirovic, added that through SENSE, Klarin compiled an invaluable archive of cases and witnesses of the wars in the former Yugoslavia.

“He is one of those people who we shall remember and who, in a certain way, will guide us on how not to give up on our own goals,” Tahirovic said.

Emir Suljagic, director of the Srebrenica Memorial Centre, also mourned Klarin’s passing.

“Mirko Klarin was a rare man. And we all owe him something,” Suljagic wrote on Twitter.

Klarin was born in Trogir, Croatia, graduated from the Faculty of Law at Belgrade University, and had been involved in journalism since 1966.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins International Fetisov Journalism Award
Detektor journalist Emina Dizdarevic Tahmiscija has received a 2025 international Fetisov Journalism Award for a series of articles on transitional justice in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Detektor Journalists and Moldovan Colleagues Nominated for Journalism Award for Investigating Russian Camps
Detektor journalists Irvin Pekmez, Enes Hodzic, and Nino Bilajac, alongside co-authors from Moldovan outlet CU SENS, have been nominated for a journalism award in Romania in the categories of investigative journalism and TV and video journalism.