Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Interpol issued a ‘red notice’ advising countries worldwide to detain former Bosnian Serb fighter Dusan Spasojevic, who absconded during his trial for raping a Bosniak woman during the war in May 1992.

A ‘red notice’ has been issued by Interpol to alert countries around the world that former Territorial Defence fighter Dusan Spasojevic, who has both Serbian and Bosnian citizenship, is wanted in Bosnia and Herzegovina for war crimes against civilians.

Spasojevic went on trial in February last year, accused of raping a Bosniak woman at an elementary school that was being used as a detention facility in the village of Malesici in the Zvornik municipality in May 1992.

He allegedly entered a classroom in which detainees were being held and took the woman out under the pretext of bringing food for her baby. He then raped her behind the school building, the indictment claims.

Spasojevic is also on trial in a separate case, along with six other people, accused of committing crimes against humanity in the village of Jusici, near Zvornik between April and December 1992.

The indictment alleges that the men were involved in the murders of at least 48 people, and in attacking the village and persecuting its Bosniak residents.

Spasojevic failed to appear for a hearing in the rape case at the Bosnian state court in early March, and his defence lawyer Nenad Rubez said that he was told by the defendant’s relatives that he had absconded.

“My opinion is that he is in Serbia,” Rubez said.

Spasojevic then failed to appear for a hearing a week later in the other case against him.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Pro-Russian Telegram Channels Try to Spark Discontent over Dodik Warrant
The most influential pro-Russian Telegram channels have been publishing a series of inflammatory articles about an arrest warrant for Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik, apparently intended to stir up public discontent.
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Parents Worried About Injuries to Children in New TikTok Challenges
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses
Bosnia Indicts Five Serb Ex-Military Policemen for Genocide