Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The court was told during the trial that Vejzovic hit and kicked the Serb prisoners in their heads and genitals using his fists, boots, a baton and a rifle butt, put a pistol and a knife to their throats, threatened them and forced them to eat paper.

Vejzovic was acquitted under a first-instance verdict in August 2018, but convicted under a second-instance verdict in May this year after a partial retrial.

His lawyer Rifat Konjic filed an appeal against the second-instance verdict because he claimed that there had been violations of legal provisions on criminal proceedings and that facts had been wrongly and incompletely determined.

“We maintain our proposal for the third-instance appeals chamber to revise the verdict on the grounds that we have listed and acquit the defendant of all charges,” Konjic said.

The prosecution urged the court to reject the defence’s appeal and uphold the second-instance verdict convicting Vejzovic.

The court will hand down its decision at a later date.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Local Wartime Security Chief Acquitted of Rape Charges in Bosnia
Bosnia's state court ruled that Andrija Bjelosevic was not guilty of the multiple rape of a Bosniak woman in Derventa during the 1990s war, questioning the reliability of her testimony.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldier Convicted of Forced Disappearances
The Bosnian state court convicted wartime Bosnian Serb Army soldier Zoran Ilic of the forced disappearances of 16 Bosniak civilians who were seized by troops near Rogatica in June 1992.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldiers Plead Not Guilty to Aiding Genocide
Seven Bosnian Army Ex-Troops Convicted of Wartime Prisoner Abuse
Bosnia Convicts Serb Ex-Fighter of Raping Woman Prisoner