Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

On the basis of medical documentation dated November 26, 1992, court medical expert Hamza Zujo determined that injuries to the outer and inner extensions of Kapo’s right ankle could be classified as severe bodily injuries caused by a strong blow.

The defense asked Zujo if Kapo might have twisted his ankle. Zujo said that would have been possible if only one extension had been injured.

The defense said it denied Zujo’s findings and opinion in its entirety.

Zujo presented his findings and opinion at the trial of Milenko Krsmanovic, a former member of the Bosnian Serb Army charged with crimes in the Rogatica area.

Krsmanovic has been charged with beating a Bosniak civilian from the Rogatica area with another Bosnian Serb Army soldier in the village of Pediste on July 7, 1992. The indictment alleges that the defendant and the other solder drove the civilian towards the police station in Sokolac. They allegedly removed him from the vehicle with the intention of killing him, but gave up. Later on, the civilian was transferred to the Rasadnik detention camp in Rogatica.

Twenty-three pieces of material evidence were included in the case file at this hearing. They included a report on the identification of persons by Muhidin Kapo, as well as lists of staff members at the public safety station in Sokolac who received salaries during the second half of 1992.

The first three defense witnesses will testify at the next hearing, scheduled for March 7.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes