Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

A witness at the Nebojsa Loncarevic and Boran Makivic trial, described how she found her brother’s body.

Loncarevic and Makivic, former members of the Special Purpose Police Squad with the Safety Services Center in Banja Luka, have been charged with the murder of a civilian on July 8, 1992.

The indictment alleges that Loncarevic and Makivic, who were accompanied by two more unidentified persons, came to a restaurant owned by a Bosniak on Gunduliceva Street in Banja Luka and killed a civilian named Vehbija Mujnovic.

“They approached the restaurant. Loncarevic approached the owner from the exterior of the restaurant and began talking to him. The owner came out after that. Makivic told the staff and guests to stay where they were. The defendants and another uniformed person then went to an apartment on the upper floor above the restaurant. Upon entering the apartment, they took the injured party into the bedroom, where they fired a bullet in his nape through a pillow, which they put on his head,” the indictment alleges.

The witness at today’s hearing, Zlata Mujnovic, told the district court in Banja Luka how she found the body of her brother, Vehbija Mujnovic.

Mujnovic, who previously testified for the district prosecution, was invited to testify as a joint defense witness at this hearing.

She said that upon entering the room, she saw her brother lying down on the floor. At first she thought he was lying down because of stomachache, but quickly realized that he had been killed.

“They told me later on that his arm was broken. The imam who prepared the funeral confirmed that to me. Investigative judge Jevto Jankovic first told my father that he was killed, but then said later on that he committed suicide. That’s why I visited Jankovic in his office, to ask him what this was all about,” Mujnovic said.

Mujnovic said that her brother had a bleeding wound on his temporal bone and said the back part of his head was smashed in. She said she didn’t know whether he was hit with one or two bullets.

Milenko Ljubojevic, Loncarevic’s defense attorney, asked Mujnovic whether her brother owed money to anyone. Mujnovic said no.

“My brother earned a lot in his restaurant. In those years he received a letter of thanks from the Borac basketball club for having supported it. He also renovated his house and restaurant. He gave money to everybody. He financially supported me and my family. He didn’t owe money to suppliers or anyone else,” Mujnovic said.

According to Mujnovic, a person who claimed he had a contract with Vehbija said he owed him 10,000 Marks. She said she lost her house as a result.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes