Sunday, 31 august 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

“I spoke to the prosecutor and judge. We expect to see the final clarification of the charges today,” Hrle said, explaining that he could say no more at this point.

Jovan Divjak, a retired general with the Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina, was arrested in Vienna on March 3 on an Interpol warrant issued by the Republic of Serbia.

Divjak, former Deputy Commander of the Territorial Defence, is linked to an attack on a Yugoslav People’s Army, JNA, convoy in Dobrovoljacka Street, Sarajevo on May 3, 1992, as the convoy was withdrawing from the city. Several soldiers were killed in the attack.

Serbia’s War Crimes Prosecution is conducting an investigation into “the Dobrovoljacka” case. It requested the issuance of warrants against a certain number of Bosnian citizens on suspicion that they participated in that incident.

The War Crimes Prosecution of Serbia told BIRN-Justice Report that it could not say anything about the event at this stage, adding that additional pieces of information would be available later today.

Ejup Ganic, former member of the Presidency of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina, was arrested in London in March last year on the same warrant. After holding several hearings, the British Court rejected Serbia’s requested for Ganic’s extradition, saying that the process was misused and the procedures were used for “political purposes”. M.H.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnians Lay Flowers, Marking Three Decades Since Sarajevo Market Blast
Relatives commemorated the 30th anniversary of the wartime massacre at the Markale market in Sarajevo, where 43 people were killed by a shell fired from Bosnian Serb positions during the siege of the city.
Moldova Arrests Three Over Russian-Led Training Camps in Bosnia
Three more people have been arrested in Moldova on suspicion of involvement in plotting to cause unrest in the country after allegedly being trained at Russian-run camps in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Bosnia Jails Man for Planning Terror Attack on Mosque