Post

Adamovic and Lukic: Nothing Unusual in Kljuc

9. December 2010.00:00
A witness testifying in defence of Marko Adamovic, who is on trial for crimes committed in Kljuc, says the indictee, as an Assistant Commander, did not issue orders to Kljuc Battalion members.

This post is also available in: Bosnian (Bosnian)

Dusan Dragic, former filling clerk with the Kljuc Battalion, said that “nobody ever ordered arrests or any other things that could be bad for the population”, adding that, “as far as he knows”, Adamovic never commanded the Battalion.

Adamovic and Bosko Lukic are charged with participation in a joint criminal enterprise and crimes against the non-Serb population committed in the Kljuc area.

The indictment alleges that Adamovic was a member of the Crisis Committee, Commander of Kljuc Town Defence and Deputy Commander of the Territorial Defence Battalion in Kljuc, while Lukic was Commander of the Territorial Defence Headquarters.

During the course of his testimony the witness said he was mobilized on April 23, 1992, and deployed to Sitnica village, Kljuc municipality.

“I stayed in Sitnica until the end of May 1992. Soldiers were trained during that period. There were no orders for an armed conflict. On May 26 I went home. I was mowing the lawn on the following day when a cousin of mine came, telling me a policeman had been killed and another one had been wounded in Krasulje. I reported to my unit on the following day,” Dragic said.

Dragic told the Court that the Battalion was based in Pudin Han, Krasulje and Ramici villages from May 28 to June 20, 1992.

“I did not notice anything unusual in Kljuc, Velagici and Pudin Han,” the witness said.

The indictment alleges that on May 27, 1992 military and police forces in the Kljuc area began to unlawfully arrest non-Serb civilians and pillaged and set their houses on fire.

The indictment further alleges that on May 28 at least 12 persons lost their lives in an artillery attack on Velagici and Pudin Han villages. The attack was allegedly conducted by the Kljuc Battalion with support from the 30th Division of the Yugoslav National Army, JNA.

Dragic explained that the Kljuc Battalion was then deployed to the battlefield in Mrkonjic Grad, where he saw Adamovic again but he “did not see indictee Lukic anywhere”.

The next hearing is due to take place on December 13, when the Defence will examine new witnesses.

A.J.

This post is also available in: Bosnian (Bosnian)