The retrial of former Bosnian Army soldiers Samir Kesmer and Mirsad Menzilovic, accused of raping a Serb minor in Sarajevo in May 1993, opened at the Bosnian state court.
In its closing statement, former Serb reservist policeman Slavko Milovanovic’s defence called on the court to acquit him of persecuting Bosniak civilians in the Skelani area near Srebrenica in 1992....
The watchdog organisation Transparency International's latest annual report on perceived corruption around the world has given the Balkan countries low scores.
Bosnia asked Sweden to take over the case against Serb ex-soldier Sinisa Milojcic, who is accused of rape and other wartime crimes, but Swedish law says he can’t be prosecuted...
Bosnia and Herzegovina’s High Judicial and Prosecutorial Council has elected Gordana Tadic as the new chief state prosecutor, making her the first woman in the country’s history to hold the...
Former Bosnian Serb soldier Sasa Perkovic, who was acquitted of expulsions, killings and lootings in Rogatica, is suing the state because he was kept under house arrest for more than...
Interpol has issued a ‘red notice’ for the arrest of Zoran Stupar, one of four former Bosnian Serb fighters charged with crimes against humanity over attacks on Bosniak villages in...
Bosnian institutions and public companies last year launched tenders to procure 1,666 official vehicles, worth about 46 million euros, data reveal.
As Vladimir Putin visits Belgrade, BIRN journalists have used the occasion to call on the Kremlin leader to release imprisoned journalists in Russia and respect human rights.
War crimes prosecution, ethnic tensions, threats to journalists and minority and immigrants’ rights remain the key problems in the field of human rights in the Balkans, Human Rights Watch's World...
The Prosecutor’s Office for Organize Crime said it is waiting for more expertise before deciding whether to pursue the case of a man arrested on January 13 and supected of...