Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Presiding judge Dragoje Vukoja said that it had been proved that three civilians were killed and nine wounded in a shooting outside the detention centre in Poculica.

“It is also undisputable that Jasmin Coloman, as well as another unidentified person, participated in those events in the way described in the indictment itself,” Vukoje said.

The court established that on April 24, 1993, Coloman, who was armed, went to the front of the Youth Centre in Poculica where the Croat civilians were detained.

When the guard refused to unlock the door, he opened fire from an automatic weapon through the closed door, killing or injuring the victims.

Vukoje explained that the appeals chamber trusted the accounts of witnesses including Refik Mujezinovic, who recognised the defendant in the courtroom.

“It is indisputable that witness Mujezinovic spent the most time with Coloman on the critical date, because he drove him to the Centre in Poculica, so he could see him well. We consider his testimony authoritative,” he said.

Under the first-instance verdict, Coloman was acquitted of the charges, but after a prosecution appeal, a retrial was ordered.

The court took into account as mitigating circumstances Coloman’s tough childhood, his good conduct during the court proceedings and the fact that he had just turned 18 when the crime was committed.

The verdict can be appealed.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Local Wartime Security Chief Acquitted of Rape Charges in Bosnia
Bosnia's state court ruled that Andrija Bjelosevic was not guilty of the multiple rape of a Bosniak woman in Derventa during the 1990s war, questioning the reliability of her testimony.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldier Convicted of Forced Disappearances
The Bosnian state court convicted wartime Bosnian Serb Army soldier Zoran Ilic of the forced disappearances of 16 Bosniak civilians who were seized by troops near Rogatica in June 1992.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldiers Plead Not Guilty to Aiding Genocide
Seven Bosnian Army Ex-Troops Convicted of Wartime Prisoner Abuse
Bosnia Convicts Serb Ex-Fighter of Raping Woman Prisoner