Sunday, 22 february 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Bojadzic, the former deputy commander of the Zulfikar Unit of the Bosnian Army, has been charged with the assault, rape and sexual abuse of Croat civilians and prisoners in Jablanica in 1993. According to the indictment, Bojadzic and an unidentified soldier abducted two female Croat detainees held in detention at the Battle of Neretva Museum in Jablanica on the night of July 28, 1993. They allegedly raped the detainees. Bojadzic has also been charged with other crimes in Jablanica.

At today’s hearing, prosecutor Sedin Idrizovic presented a document from the Ministry of Defense of Bosnia and Herzegovina, indicating that the archives of the Bosnian Army did not contain an order to provide compensation to Bojadzic. Idrizovic said defense witness Safet Baltic had said at the trial that a document containing an order to provide payment to Bojadzic was in the Bosnian Army’s archives.

In August 2015, Baltic said he was in charge of the foreign currency cash register at the Headquarters of the Main Command of the Bosnian Army. At that time, the defense presented Baltic with a document which indicated money and a pistol had been given to Bojadzic. Baltic confirmed that the document contained his signature, as well as the date – July 28, 1993 – when he met the defendant in Sarajevo.

Defense attorney Vasvija Vidovic said Idrizovic should have presented the document issued by the Ministry of Defense of Bosnia and Herzegovina to Baltic. She said the Hague Tribunal had confiscated documents from the Bosnian Army’s archive for the case against Sefer Halilovic, the former Chief of Headquarters of the Main Command of the Bosnian Army, who was acquitted of charges of war crimes under a second instance verdict.

“Halilovic will clarify this situation,” she said.

The trial will continue on October 22.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Sudinica u sudu u Kišinjevu u Moldaviji izriče presudu učesnicima kampova u Moldaviji. Foto: Detektor
Moldova Convicts Three of Attending Subversion Camps in Bosnia, Serbia
A court in Chinsinau convicted three Moldovan citizens of participating in Russian-led training camps in Bosnia and Serbia in 2024 in order to incite unrest and disrupt elections at home.
Bosnian History Teachers Visit Former Camps in Brcko and Learn How to Teach About War
To help school teachers learn more about how to teach students about the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, a group of teachers from several towns and cities visited detention camps in a former elementary school in Brcko.
BIRN BiH Joins in Presenting Database of Facts About War and Handbook for Teachers
BIRN BiH Presents Database and Film on Wartime Missing Children
BIRN BiH Director Wins ‘Goran Bubalo’ Peace Award