Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Eksumacija grobnice Kalinovik
Ilustration Photo: BIRN BiH

The Bosnian Missing Persons Institute said on Friday that an exhumation near the village of Pribosijevici in the Rogatica municipality in the east of the country has uncovered the remains of four people.

“Four victims, including one child, are being sought in the area, and it is assumed that the remains found today may have belonged to them,” Missing Persons Institute spokesperson Emza Fazlic told BIRN.

Some of the remains had been burned, Fazlic said.

The remains will be transferred to the Commemorative Centre in Tuzla, where DNA analysis will be carried out to determine their identities.

According to the Missing Persons Institute, some 7,600 people who disappeared during the 1992-95 war are still missing.

Around 25,500 missing persons have been found and identified so far – about 80 per cent of those who disappeared.

 

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses
The Bosnian state prosecution charged seven former Croatian Defence Council military policemen and civilian police officers with unlawfully detaining and assaulting dozens of Bosniaks in the Zepce area in 1993 and 1994.
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children