Sunday, 6 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian


Vlasenica. Photo: BIRN BiH

The Bosnian state prosecution filed an indictment on Wednesday charging Predrag Bastah with crimes against humanity for his alleged participation in the murders of 37 Bosniak civilians at Mracni Dol in the Vlasenica municipality.

The indictment accuses Bastah, in his capacity as a reservist with the police’s Public Security Station in Vlasenica, of participating in the Bosniaks’ murder alongside two Bosnian Serb Army soldiers as part of a widespread and systematic attack against the non-Serb population in the municipality.

“The defendant guarded the shooting location and, pointing a gun at them, he directed the victims from the bus to the place where they were killed. The victims had previously been brought by bus from a prison located behind the court building in Vlasenica and from the Susica detention camp,” the prosecution said in a statement.

The prosecution said the victims’ bodies were found at Mracni Dol and exhumed in 2000.

Bastah was sentenced to 22 years in prison in 2011 for his involvement in the murders of civilians, unlawful detention, forcible disappearances and resettlement of the local population in the Vlasenica area.

The new indictment has been filed to the state court for confirmation.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins First Prize at ‘Remembering Through Art’ Exhibition
A testimony by Srebrenica mother Emina Hajdarevic about the son she lost in the 1995 Srebrenica genocide, filmed by Detektor journalist Lamija Grebo, has won first prize at the Remembering through Art online exhibition.
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnia Indicts Five Serb Ex-Military Policemen for Genocide
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children