Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Susnjar has been jailed for 20 years, his lawyer Dejan Bogdanovic confirmed to BIRN. “The defence’s appeal has been rejected and the first-instance verdict confirmed,” Bogdanovic said.

The first-instance verdict in October last year found that Susnjar, accompanied by fellow Bosnian Serb fighters Milan and Sredoje Lukic, attacked, inhumanely treated and robbed Bosniak civilians from the village of Koritnik who had been previously brought to a house in Pionirska Street in Visegrad on or about June 14, 1992.

Susnjar, who was armed with a knife while Milan and Sredoje Lukic had automatic rifles, searched the civilians in a brutal and humiliating manner, ordering them to take their clothes off, the verdict said.

According to the verdict, after the civilians had been searched, they were ordered to go out and walk to another house in Pionirska Street around 30 metres away.

Milan Lukic then threw an explosive device into the house, causing a fire, and Susnjar threw in a grenade. During this time, all three Serb fighters were shooting simultaneously, preventing the civilians from escaping.

The attack resulted in the deaths of 26 civilians, including a two-day-old baby. Five civilians managed to flee and save themselves.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins First Prize at ‘Remembering Through Art’ Exhibition
A testimony by Srebrenica mother Emina Hajdarevic about the son she lost in the 1995 Srebrenica genocide, filmed by Detektor journalist Lamija Grebo, has won first prize at the Remembering through Art online exhibition.
Pro-Russian Telegram Channels Try to Spark Discontent over Dodik Warrant
The most influential pro-Russian Telegram channels have been publishing a series of inflammatory articles about an arrest warrant for Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik, apparently intended to stir up public discontent.
Syria Looks to Bosnia’s Experience to Deal with War’s Mass Graves
Parents Worried About Injuries to Children in New TikTok Challenges
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses