Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Puljic was cleared of allowing his subordinates to take detainees from the Heliodrom prison camp in the Mostar area to the front lines, where they were made to do forced labour and used as human shields.

He was also cleared of allowing his subordinates to participate in forced disappearances and beatings.

Explaining the verdict, presiding judge Mirko Bozovic said the state prosecution had not proved the charges against Puljic.

“It remains unclear who deployed the detainees who did forced labour on the front lines after having been brought there from the detention camp. Based on statements given by some witnesses, it can be determined that they were taken out by prison guards, as well as by the military police, over whom the defendant had no control,” Bozovic said.

Pulic was acquitted under a first-instance verdict in May last year, but the prosecution filed an appeal and a retrial was held.

Thursday’s verdict cannot be appealed.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Local Wartime Security Chief Acquitted of Rape Charges in Bosnia
Bosnia's state court ruled that Andrija Bjelosevic was not guilty of the multiple rape of a Bosniak woman in Derventa during the 1990s war, questioning the reliability of her testimony.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldier Convicted of Forced Disappearances
The Bosnian state court convicted wartime Bosnian Serb Army soldier Zoran Ilic of the forced disappearances of 16 Bosniak civilians who were seized by troops near Rogatica in June 1992.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldiers Plead Not Guilty to Aiding Genocide
Seven Bosnian Army Ex-Troops Convicted of Wartime Prisoner Abuse
Bosnia Convicts Serb Ex-Fighter of Raping Woman Prisoner