Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Prosecutor Milanko Kajganic said he intended to invite 71 witnesses to testify and present 990 pieces of material evidence. He said he would need 36 work days for his presentation of evidence.

Mahmuljin’s defense said it would announce its evidence presentation plan once the state prosecution completed its presentation of evidence. Defense attorney Fahrudin Ibrisimovic said the defense would need more time to prepare, as this is a large scale case.

Mahmuljin was the former commander of the Third Corps of the Bosnian Army, which included the “El Mujahid” Squad, among others. Mahmuljin has been charged with failing to prevent or punish his subordinates for crimes committed against Serb prisoners of war and civilians in the Vozuca and Zavidovici area during the course of 1995.

The indictment alleges that Mahmuljin failed to undertake any actions to prevent the crimes, although he was informed that members of the “El Mujahid” Squad were preparing to commit crimes. He has also been charged with failing to do anything to punish the perpetrators.

The state prosecution previously announced that members of this detachment killed more than 50 captives. They cut off the heads of some of them and showed them to other captives.

The trial will begin on March 23. The indictment will be read and introductory statements will be presented at the first hearing.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Local Wartime Security Chief Acquitted of Rape Charges in Bosnia
Bosnia's state court ruled that Andrija Bjelosevic was not guilty of the multiple rape of a Bosniak woman in Derventa during the 1990s war, questioning the reliability of her testimony.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldier Convicted of Forced Disappearances
The Bosnian state court convicted wartime Bosnian Serb Army soldier Zoran Ilic of the forced disappearances of 16 Bosniak civilians who were seized by troops near Rogatica in June 1992.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldiers Plead Not Guilty to Aiding Genocide
Seven Bosnian Army Ex-Troops Convicted of Wartime Prisoner Abuse
Bosnia Convicts Serb Ex-Fighter of Raping Woman Prisoner