Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The witness was expected to testify at the trial of Ostoja Stanisic and Marko Milosevic, charged with killing approximately 1,000 Srebrenica residents on a dam near Petkovci in mid-July 1995. The indictment alleges that the captured Srebrenica residents were detained in a new school building in Petkovci prior to being killed.

According to the charges, Stanisic was the commander of the Sixth Battalion of the Zvornicka Brigade of the Bosnian Serb Army, while Milosevic was his deputy.

When the trial chamber announced that the witness had appeared in court, state prosecutor Predrag Tomic said a mistake had been made. A witness with the same name and place of residence as the intended witness had been invited to the hearing.

Tomic said the mix up had probably happened because the witnesses lived in a small place. He said they had had problems with delivering invitations to the intended witness, due to his health problems.

The trial will continue on February 10.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Local Wartime Security Chief Acquitted of Rape Charges in Bosnia
Bosnia's state court ruled that Andrija Bjelosevic was not guilty of the multiple rape of a Bosniak woman in Derventa during the 1990s war, questioning the reliability of her testimony.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldier Convicted of Forced Disappearances
The Bosnian state court convicted wartime Bosnian Serb Army soldier Zoran Ilic of the forced disappearances of 16 Bosniak civilians who were seized by troops near Rogatica in June 1992.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldiers Plead Not Guilty to Aiding Genocide
Seven Bosnian Army Ex-Troops Convicted of Wartime Prisoner Abuse
Bosnia Convicts Serb Ex-Fighter of Raping Woman Prisoner