Sunday, 6 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

Cobic has been charged with the disappearance and murder of Bosniak civilians Faruk Bilalic and Mustafa Salkovic. Cobic, a former member of the Interventions Squad with the Bijeljina police station, allegedly brought the injured parties to the police station in Bijeljina along with four other unidentified persons for an informative interview on September 11, 1992. According to the indictment, Cobic and others then drove them in an unknown direction and killed them.

Court expert Zdenko Cihlarz led a team of experts in conducting a forensic examination of Bilalic’s mortal remains and testified at today’s hearing. Cihlarz said damage to the bones of the face and skull was caused by a bullet. He said this most probably was the cause of Bilalic’s death and that no other injuries were noticed.

He said the injured party’s identity had been determined prior to exhumation of the remains.

When asked by the defense whether the time of death could be determined as well, Cihlarz said it was impossible to do so.

Bilalic went missing after his arrest in September 1992. His mortal remains were exhumed in the municipality of Sremska Mitrovica in Serbia in 2003. After having been exhumed, the remains were handed over to Bosnian authorities for further examination.

The trial will continue on March 23.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes