Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The Bosnian State Investigation and Protection Agency on Monday arrested Arifovic, Smajlovic and Salihovic on suspicion that on July 12, 1992, they were involved in crimes against eight Serb civilians who were brought to the police station in Srebrenica during an attack on the village of Zalazje.

Arifovic killed one of the civilians and is also suspected of having shot two others after they had been taken out of the police station, the prosecution said.

“After their bodies had been loaded onto a truck, Smajlovic noticed that one of the victims was showing signs of life, so he opened fire, killing two of the captured civilians,” the prosecutions said.

The prosecution also suspects Salihovic of having transported the remaining victims to an unknown destination. The remains of some of them were found after the war.

Arifovic meanwhile is also suspected of having killed a civilian who had his hands tied after having given up his gun in the village of Ratkovici on June 21, 1992.

“The suspect approached him, ordered him to stand up and killed him by shooting him with firearms,” the prosecution said.

After examining the suspects, the prosecutor will decide whether to ask for a custody order or not.

The Bosnian prosecution has already raised an indictment for crimes against Serb civilians in Zalazje against former Bosnian Army commander Naser Oric and ex-serviceman Sabahudin Muhic.

Oric and Muhic are charged with killing three Bosnian Serb prisoners of war in the villages of Zalazje, Lolici and Kunjerac in 1992.

The charges have been criticised by Bosniaks, who claim Oric is a hero and the indictment is politically motivated, and by Serbs who believe Oric is guilty of much graver crimes.

The trial is expected to start later this month.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses
The Bosnian state prosecution charged seven former Croatian Defence Council military policemen and civilian police officers with unlawfully detaining and assaulting dozens of Bosniaks in the Zepce area in 1993 and 1994.
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children