This post is also available in: Bosnian (Bosnian)
Muhamed Sisic, Emir Drakovac, Aziz Susa and Tarik Sisic are on trial for having participated in an attack on a convoy in the village of Kukavice on August 27, 1992, when at least 20 Serbs got killed and several tens were wounded.
Drakovac has also been charged with the murder, torture and mutilation of a civilian and prisoner of war with an ax in the Foca area in late 1992.
According to the charges, Muhamed Sisic was the commander of the Commando Squad of so-called Kukavicka Company of the Bosnian Army, while the other defendants were members of that unit.
Mehmedalija Ploco said he was baking bread for the Kukavica Company in the village of Brcigovo in the municipality of Rogatica in the summer of 1992, when he heard rumours that the left side of Gorazde had been liberated and an alleged agreement with the Serb side aimed at ensuring free passage had been reached.
Ploco said he heard in the evening that a convoy had not passed through Gorazde. He said he found about the attack on the Kukavice convoy in 2005, when he saw a monument on his way to the village of Mesici in the municipality of Rogatica.
Ploco said the defendants were members of his company, but he didn’t know them prior to his arrival in Brcigovo and had not seen them since 1995.
Also testifying at this hearing, Sulejman Bajraktarevic said he was travelling between the villages of Brcigovo to Ustipraca when he heard that a convoy of Serb refugees from Gorazda had been attacked on Romanija Radio.
He said when he returned to Brcigovo, he heard another version of the story. He said he heard “our men attacked a convoy of military vehicles in Kukavice.”
Bajraktarevic said he had known Muhamed Sisic and Emir Drakovac as students in the school he used to work at. He said he also saw them in the summer of 1992, when they passed by his residence in Brcigovo.
He said they were neither uniformed nor armed.
The trial will continue on October 27.