Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

Hasib Cehic, a former member of the National Defense of the Western Bosnia Autonomous Region, has been charged with the physical abuse of two captured members of the Bosnian Army in Pecigrad in the municipality of Cazin on July 16, 1994.||Cehic has also been charged with the inhumane treatment of five captured members of the military police of the Fifth Corps of the Bosnian Army. He allegedly physically abused the captives in the village of Zagrad in the municipality of Velika Kladusa on June 21, 1995.||Djevad Salesevic, a former member of the Kljucko-Sanska Brigade of the Fifth Corps of the Bosnian Army, testified at today’s hearing. He said he knew Cehic and that he owned a cafe in Cazin.||“We spent time together, we drank together…He would give us drinks and cigarettes. He would offer them to us for free. He was a decent man. However, when we liberated Velika Kladusa in 1994, we found out that our comrades Rufad and Kemo had been held as prisoners. They were skinny, beaten, covered with bruises…When we asked them who had done that to them, they said Hasib,” Selesevic said.||Dursum Buljibasic, another former Bosnian Army soldier, was the second witness to testify at today’s hearing. He said other soldiers told him Cehic had beaten up prisoners after the liberation of Velika Kladusa.||“Everybody knew Cehic, because he owned a cafe in Cazin, which we frequented. They told me he had beaten them following their capture. My acquaintances told me that. They said he tried to strangle Kemo,” Buljubasic said.||Cehic’s defense objected to the testimony presented by Salesevic and Buljibasic, and said they were only conveying what they had heard from injured parties.||Harko Haljezovic, a former member of the National Defense of the Western Bosnia Autonomous Region, was the third witness to testify at today’s hearing. Haljezovic said he and the defendant both worked together as security guards. He said they didn’t socialize much, and he didn’t know him well.||Cehic’s defense asked the court to order an expert examination of the defendant. The defense believes he suffers from post-traumatic stress and an alcohol abuse problem. The defense said Cehic couldn’t remember events that occurred during the war. The chamber will come to a decision at a later stage.||The trial will continue on November 10.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes