Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Brestovac, a police officer with the Doboj public safety station, has been charged with participating in the murder of civilians Muharem, Muhamed and Ismeta Aldobasic in the village of Miljkovac in Doboj in June 1992.

Ibrahim Cabric told the district court of Doboj that he heard shooting on the night Muharem, Muhamed and Ismeta Aldobasic were killed.

“Looking through my window, I saw that Muharem’s house was set on fire. The respective gentleman was at the checkpoint with two other men in the morning. He pointed his rifle at me. He asked me if I had heard the shooting. He said they had shot at a patrol and had been killed,” Cabric said.

Cabric said he and a few other village residents buried the victims.

“All of them were shot in the head. All three of them,” Cabric said.

Responding to questions from the defense, Cabric said he only heard three individual gunshots that night.

Witness Ibrahim Aldobasic said Petra Aldobasic slept over at his place after her the victims, her husband, brother-in-law and sister-in-law, had been killed.

“She cried. She screamed. She asked me to hide her. Later on Petra, now deceased, told me she knew who had killed them,” Aldobasic said.

Witness Munib Hodzic said he was in the home of Ismeta Aldobasic’s parents on the night of the murder. He said he and Aldobasic were married.

“Muharem had been taken away and beaten up the night before. Ismeta went to help his brother Muhamed dress his wounds. Looking through my bathroom window, I saw three armed soldiers pass by. I never found out who killed them,” Hodzic said.

The trial will continue on September 15.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes