Monday, 16 february 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Saric has been charged with participating in the search, disarmament and forcible resettlement of women, children and the elderly in July 1995. He’s also been charged with separating men and boys from their families, and executing them in the Srebrenica area later on.

According to the indictment, Saric ordered police forces to guard the road between Bratunac and Konjevic Polje and capture men who were trying to escape the protected zone of Srebrenica through the woods.

At today’s hearing, a 2009 statement given by protected witness SG-10, now deceased, was read in the courtroom. SG-10 had said that during the fall of Srebrenica he was a member of an engineering unit and drove a loader. He said he went to Cerska in July 1995, because he was tasked with covering corpses on the side of the road with dirt.

“I remember they had killed some men, Muslim men,” the statement said. SG-10 said he covered the corpses, which had already become worm infested, in approximately one hour.

SG-10 said in his statement that someone replaced him as the driver of the loader when he went home or was on sick leave – he’d said that he didn’t know what kind of tasks the other drivers were doing.

SG-10 said holes were dug during the day, while trucks brought corpses to the dig sites at night. Then, the corpses would be buried. He’d said he worked at several locations in that area and “felt bad.”

Saric’s defense attorney objected to the witness statement, and described it as “unacceptable and irrelevant.” The defense also asked whether SG-10 was a member of the Drinski Corps of the Bosnian Serb Army, as well as a set of questions on the time period in which he would have been digging holes.

The defense said it wasn’t convinced that they’d received the full transcript of the statement.

The trial will continue on June 15.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Sudinica u sudu u Kišinjevu u Moldaviji izriče presudu učesnicima kampova u Moldaviji. Foto: Detektor
Moldova Convicts Three of Attending Subversion Camps in Bosnia, Serbia
A court in Chinsinau convicted three Moldovan citizens of participating in Russian-led training camps in Bosnia and Serbia in 2024 in order to incite unrest and disrupt elections at home.
Bosnian History Teachers Visit Former Camps in Brcko and Learn How to Teach About War
To help school teachers learn more about how to teach students about the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, a group of teachers from several towns and cities visited detention camps in a former elementary school in Brcko.
BIRN BiH Joins in Presenting Database of Facts About War and Handbook for Teachers
BIRN BiH Presents Database and Film on Wartime Missing Children
BIRN BiH Director Wins ‘Goran Bubalo’ Peace Award