Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Vojic and Mesic, both former members of the 501st Brigade of the Fifth Corps of the Bosnian Army, have been charged with raping a woman and forcing another person to rape her on the night of May 1 or 2, 1994.
Prosecutor Cazim Hasanspahic presented 33 pieces of material evidence in total, including medical findings by a neuropsychiatrist and a psychologist, as well as two hospital discharge letters.
“We hereby include photo documentation of objects seized temporarily by the cantonal hospital in Bihac, as well as an official note prepared by a state prosecution investigator,” Hasanspahic said.
Most of the evidence submitted included letters, documents and notes made during the collection of evidence. Some pieces of evidence referred to a collection of documentation regarding the case, which was previously handled by the district military prosecution of Bihac.
“We are presenting an indictment filed by the district military prosecution, a note on the main trial, and injured party ST-1’s claim,” Hasanspahic said.
Fadil Abaz, Vojic’s defense attorney, said that the prosecution had submitted only a portion of the documentation, and said the defense would provide the remainder.
Abaz said letters sent by the prosecution to other institutions could not be considered evidence.
“Fifty percent of the evidence we have here are such documents,” Abaz said.
Two witnesses were expected to testify at this hearing. Hasanspahic said he couldn’t find one of the witnesses, and that the other one had died.
Once the prosecution verifies this information, the state court will schedule the next hearing.
Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins First Prize at ‘Remembering Through Art’ Exhibition
A testimony by Srebrenica mother Emina Hajdarevic about the son she lost in the 1995 Srebrenica genocide, filmed by Detektor journalist Lamija Grebo, has won first prize at the Remembering through Art online exhibition.
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnia Indicts Five Serb Ex-Military Policemen for Genocide
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children