Sunday, 6 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Following the reading of the indictment, which charges Jarak with crimes in Stolac, Defence attorney Branko Karadeglic said that the Defence considered that there were justified reasons for the exemption of the Chamber Chairman.
Karadeglic explained his claims by saying that Hamo Kebo was a detainee in the Heliodrom and Dretelj detention camps during the war in 1993, so, as he said, he was an injured party or a victim.
“The Defence doubts the impartiality and objectivity of the Chamber Chairman in handling this case, so it requests his exemption,” Karadeglic said.
When asked by the Chamber Chairman why the request had not been filed earlier, i.e. during the first instance trial, the Defence attorney said that he had obtained the mentioned pieces of information since then.
After that the trial was postponed until an extra-procedural council had rendered a decision concerning the Defence’s request.
The Mostar Cantonal Court pronounced Jarak guilty, on June 21, 2012, of having participated in the forcible transfer and unlawful detention of Bosniaks from the Stolac area during July and August 1993. He was sentenced to one year in prison.
The verdict was quashed by the Supreme Court of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, FBiH.
The Court of BiH confirmed the indictment against Jarak in December 2010 and then referred the case to the Mostar Court.
Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes