Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Presenting his closing statement, Prosecutor Nazif Felic said that it had been proved without doubt that the indictee killed a captured member of ABiH and wounded another one in the Kumarica region on March 6, 1995.  

He called on the Court to pronounce Mujagic guilty and sentence him in accordance with the law, while Defence attorney Ilijaz Midzic requested the Court to acquit the indictee of all charges.  

In his closing statement Midzic said that statements given by some Prosecution witnesses were questionable, bearing in mind the inconsistency between various statements given during the process.

He pointed out that his client had claimed since the very beginning that he did not remember the disputable event and that the crimes could not be imputed to him.   

Prior to the completion of the evidence presentation process, court experts Ivanka Jakovac and Nada Milanovic presented their findings and opinion. The said that Mujagic was capable of normal reasoning and actions, so there were no signs, indicating that he was mentally ill.  

“The indictee has normal intellectual capabilities, which match his age and education. He is a sane and sufficiently mentally developed person with poor control of emotional impulses. From the aspect of psychological expert examination, it was not determined that he had deficient memory. He is a normally mentally developed person with average intellectual capabilities,” said clinical psychologist Jakovac.

On the basis of medical findings and examinations at the hospital, Nada Milanovic, expert in psychiatry, determined that Mujagic was able to reason normally at the time, when the crime was committed.  

“The medical documents contained in the file related to his wounding indicate that he did not get severe injuries. Alleging that he did not remember the critical event, while, at the same time, interpreting some other related events and claiming that he did not commit the crimes charged upon him, should be taken with reserve,” Milanovic said.

Mujagic was arrested in the USA on November 28, 2012. After that he was extradited to Bosnia and Herzegovina. 

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes