Monday, 17 august 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Witness Zoran Djordjic said that he met indictee Eso Macic in 2006 or 2007 and that he proposed to him to report himself to the State Prosecution, “because it would be less costly for him”.

Djordjic said that he informed Novak Mikovic, who, as he said, was a member of the State Investigation and Protection Agency, SIPA, about his meeting with the indictee.

Mijovic, SIPA’s team leader for investigation of war crimes in the Herzegovina area, testified at the trial of Macic in May this year, when he said that he met witness Zoran Djordjic, but he heard that he “blackmailed witnesses”.

During his testimony Djordjic presented the Trial Chamber with documents, confirming that he was President of the Association of Detainees of the United States of America and Canada.

Considering the fact that the documents are written in English, the Defence will include them as material evidence after they have been translated.

The State Prosecution charges Macic, former member of the Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina, ABiH, with crimes committed against Serb prisoners of war and civilians in Celebici detention camp and Musala sports hall in the vicinity of Konjic.

According to the charges, in 1992 Macic participated in the murder of two Serb civilians in Celebici detention camp and causing severe injuries to civilians and prisoners of war, who were detained in Musala.

Witness Djordjic said that some witnesses contacted him after the indictment against Eso Macic had been filed, adding that most of the witnesses mixed the indictee up with Miralem Macic, who has since died.

The trial is due to continue on September 13.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Srebrenica Anniversary Exhibitions Return to New York
Two exhibitions on the 1995 genocide first presented in 2025 will reopen together this July at UN headquarters.
Exhibition Offers Insight into Everyday Life Inside Besieged Srebrenica
Marking the annual genocide commemoration, the Srebrenica Memorial Centre opened an exhibition entitled ‘Facing Srebrenica: Views from the Besieged City’, featuring photographs that show how people lived inside the besieged enclave during wartime.
BIRN BiH and Faculty of Criminalistics Sign Cooperation Agreement