Saturday, 21 february 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The Commission for Investigating the Sufferings of Serbs in Sarajevo met in Republika Srpska’s main town Banja Luka on Monday, but did not make any details public after the session.

“During the session it was decided, among other things, that the Commission would not make any public announcements prior to the completion of its work. The Commission members consider that giving any public statements prior to reaching concrete conclusions on the basis of available documents and analyses needed for the work to be done objectively and impartially, would be premature and counter-productive,” the Commission said in a statement.

The Republika Srpska government’s decision to set up two commissions to probe wartime events in Sarajevo and Srebrenica has been widely criticised, with concerns raised that they could be used to falsify history and deny the findings of domestic and international courts.

Thirty-one international experts on the conflicts in the former Yugoslavia signed an open letter last month saying that the decision to set up the commissions “looked more like revisionism than a genuine effort to determine the truth”.

Meanwhile the chairman of Republika Srpska’s Commission for Investigation of Wartime Events in Srebrenica, Gideon Greif, a professor of Jewish and Israeli History at the University of Texas, announced in Bijeljina on Monday that the commission should hold its first meeting next week.

Greif said that the work of the Srebrenica Commission would be based exclusively on “the truth and facts which can be substantiated by data”.

    Najčitanije
    Saznajte više
    Sudinica u sudu u Kišinjevu u Moldaviji izriče presudu učesnicima kampova u Moldaviji. Foto: Detektor
    Moldova Convicts Three of Attending Subversion Camps in Bosnia, Serbia
    A court in Chinsinau convicted three Moldovan citizens of participating in Russian-led training camps in Bosnia and Serbia in 2024 in order to incite unrest and disrupt elections at home.
    Bosnian History Teachers Visit Former Camps in Brcko and Learn How to Teach About War
    To help school teachers learn more about how to teach students about the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, a group of teachers from several towns and cities visited detention camps in a former elementary school in Brcko.
    BIRN BiH Joins in Presenting Database of Facts About War and Handbook for Teachers
    BIRN BiH Presents Database and Film on Wartime Missing Children
    BIRN BiH Director Wins ‘Goran Bubalo’ Peace Award