Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina, BiH, and Defence said that they did not have any new pieces of evidence that they would like to present during Goran Saric’s retrial.
 
Prosecutor Marijana Cobovic proposed that a recording of testimonies by 33 witnesses, who appeared during the first instance trial, be heard, but the Defence objected, saying that those were cumulative pieces of evidence about the same circumstances.  
 
“We can achieve the same effect of the trial with the fewer pieces of evidence,” Defence attorney Ozrenka Jaksic said.
 
As far as the determined facts are concerned, both parties agree that the facts accepted by the first instance Chamber on December 3, 2012 should be accepted, as undisputable, by the Appellate Chamber as well.
 
On June 30 the Appellate Chamber of the Court of BiH revoked the first instance verdict under which Goran Saric was sentenced to 14 years in prison for crimes committed in Nahorevo neighbourhood, Sarajevo.  
 
In August last year Saric, former Chief of the Public Safety Station in the Serbian municipality of Centar, was pronounced guilty of having supervised and participated in the separation of three groups of men in Jagomir psychiatric hospital after having been detained in that building on June 19, 1992.  
 
Some of the detainees were sent to the territory controlled by the Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina, ABiH, 29 were taken to detention camps in Vogosca, while the third group was left at there. Their bodies were found at Skakavac later on.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses
The Bosnian state prosecution charged seven former Croatian Defence Council military policemen and civilian police officers with unlawfully detaining and assaulting dozens of Bosniaks in the Zepce area in 1993 and 1994.
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children