Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian


The Federation entity Supreme Court. Photo: BIRN

The Supreme Court of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina has confirmed a first-instance verdict sentencing Hajriz Doglod to six-and-a-half years in prison for crimes against the civilian population in the Vitez area in 1993.

Doglod was found guilty, as deputy commander of the Bosnian Army’s Independent Reconnaissance Battalion, of torturing and then shooting dead Tomislav Trogrlic in the village of Dubravica, near Vitez. Trogrlic had been previously wounded by unknown soldiers.

In December 2020 the Novi Travnik Cantonal Court sentenced Doglod to seven years, but the Supreme Court of the Federation entity then quashed the verdict in June 2021 and referred the case back for a retrial.

Doglod’s lawyer Ramo Ajkic confirmed to BIRN that the verdict has now been upheld by the Federation entity’s Supreme Court and said he will file an appeal to the state-level Constitutional Court.

Ajkic said the defence will appeal “because we consider that the right to a fair trial was infringed as the verdict is based on unlawful evidence, given that some pieces of evidence were not obtained in accordance with an order by the court and prosecution.

“It has not been proved beyond reasonable doubt that he committed a war crime against the civilian population,” Ajkic added.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins First Prize at ‘Remembering Through Art’ Exhibition
A testimony by Srebrenica mother Emina Hajdarevic about the son she lost in the 1995 Srebrenica genocide, filmed by Detektor journalist Lamija Grebo, has won first prize at the Remembering through Art online exhibition.
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnia Indicts Five Serb Ex-Military Policemen for Genocide
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children